Monday, July 16, 2012

Review Of Finished Garment.


In this project, I was to create an armor based on the event I have chosen. This garment I was asked to create has to be made out of paper.

Before I started brainstorming ideas, I went to the Metropolitan Museum and looked at their armors collection.
 
 
                                   
Finally, I created an armor that provides protection from sadness. When I started brainstorming ideas, I had thought about protection from cancer instead, because that was what my grandma died from. But then I realized everyone has to die one day anyway, from cancer or not. So instead I came to this idea of protection from depression. Because I think its important to be able to move on even when the most important person is gone. So that's how I got the idea.

So how can be protect ourselves from sadness? Maybe to create a happy dreamy world for ourselves.

So I created this dreamy and flowy dress with some really light colored tissue paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment